Fog machine prepared liquid (or Bug Juice as it’s referred to) can get expensive especially when you do a lot of events. Our homemade “Bug Juice” is EASY and COST-EFFECTIVE!
To make a gallon jug of “Bug Juice” you will need 4 things:
- a measuring cup (at least 1 quart size)
- One Gallon of Distilled Water (available at most groceries)
- One Quart of Pure Vegetable Glycerin (available from Amazon here)
- a Clean & Empty Gallon Jug
- Measure out 1 quart (32 ounces or 4 cups) of Pure Vegetable Glycerin
- Pour the Pure Vegetable Glycerin to the Empty Gallon Jug
- Measure out 3 quarts (96 ounces or 12 cups) Distilled Water
- Pour the Distilled Water into the Jug
- Seal the Jug and Shake for 60 seconds
- THATS IT! You just created a gallon of “Bug Juice” and it’s ready to use.
This mixture achieves a nice rich thick cloud however you can experiment with more or less Glycerin until you’re satisficed with the results.
A little “Bug Juice” goes a long way. We use an empty 8oz water bottle to transport the “Bug Juice” to events. An 8oz bottle will last us for at least 2 or 3 events.
Hope this helps. Let us know your results with making your own “Bug Juice”